GivEnergy is a British Owned Battery Storage Manufacturer with facilities in the UK, Ireland, Australia, and Shenzhen China.
GivEnergy, a member of the JMHing group, provides award-winning energy storage with the definite goal of developing goods that will undoubtedly reduce households’ electricity costs.
They have their own inverters, solar batteries, and monitoring platform as part of the complete GivEnergy storage system.
The GivEnergy monitoring portal and app, which focuses on software development, provides one of the most cutting-edge and potent UK energy platforms.
The system supports site-specific settings, remote firmware updates, and total monitoring control. A technical team from the UK supports everything.
GivEnergy is a producer of intelligent electrical devices for controlling energy usage and generation.
In order to maximize the utilization of extra energy produced by solar PV and wind turbines as well as Time of Use energy tariffs, the GivEnergy battery storage devices employ intelligent algorithms.
Can you mix and match GivEnergy batteries with other brands?
The GivEnergy battery pack is used in combination with an AC Coupled or Hybrid Inverter to store energy from the grid or excess generation.
For optimum storage, each AC Controller or Hybrid Inverter can accommodate up to 5 GivEnergy batteries.
When a GivEnergy battery is installed alongside a Hybrid GivEnergy inverter, your system can acquire full EPS capability, providing backup functioning in the event of a power outage. An excellent answer for those who live in rural areas.
GivEnergy batteries, which use lithium iron phosphate, are exceedingly safe and may be deployed in a variety of settings.
Its IP 65 classification means it can be installed both indoors and outdoors, and it protects the batteries from water and dust, making it suitable for lofts as well.
Check our quick help solar energy guides here:
- Best 4kw solar system with battery set-up
- Can you install solar panels in a conservation area?
- How many solar panels do you need to power a house in the UK?
- Solar panel battery storage system costs
Main features of the GivEnergy Batteries
GivEnergy batteries come with a number of features that are listed below:
- Safest cell technology on the market: The GivEnergy battery storage system uses Cell Chemistry (LiFePO4)
- Higher Capacity cell: New improved Battery Cell Technology (61.5Ah @3.2V).
- More energy-dense: High Energy Dense Cell (170Wh/Kg).
- Even energy density and minimize heat build-up: Manufacturing prismatic cells over conventional soft pouch cells.
- Fully Recyclable: Non-LiFePO4 Cells are expensive to recycle so get re-purposed.
- No Cobalt: Their Cells DO NOT contain Cobalt which generates its own oxygen when stressed, causing an ignition source.
- Cell monitoring: Every cell may be monitored over and individually balanced. Other battery packs don’t track cell voltage; they just track pack voltage.
- Customization: Customized battery management system developed and produced internally – not imported from a third party, but created and produced to function with their system.
- In-house production: From powder to electricity, all systems are designed and produced in-house. not imported from a third party, but created and produced by them to function with their system.
- No third-party platform: Each system includes a full software platform that was created in-house. We avoid modifying third-party platforms because doing so results in information loss and erroneous data.
- Support staff: Hardware and software engineers on staff provide assistance.
- UK-based technical assistance and backup
- No Third-Party products: A fully integrated system created and built to function as a unit.
- The best warranties.
- Grade A Cells Only: All battery cells are produced and tested to exacting standards.
- The low internal resistance of the cell (0.65 m).
- Temperature: The operating temperature range of cells is very broad (-20 to +55 deg C).
- AC couples Technology: can be charged from the electrical grid or through excess renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and hydro.
- Hybrid engineering Technology: It is both AC and DC coupled. DC to DC charging maximizes efficiency while minimizing losses. can also be charged using a flexible energy tariff from the grid.
- High round-trip system efficiency of 92.5 percent. Different systems have lower efficiency.
- Smart monitoring site provides comprehensive system monitoring and remote management.
- iPhone or smartphone tracking application for the end user.
- IP65 protection facilitates the outdoor installation.
- Dynamic System Logic can switch between charging and draining simultaneously to minimize electricity sourced from the grid. This is custom logic that was created in-house.
- For improved accuracy, integrated Class 1 smart meters can also be used for billing. CT is used for measuring in other systems.
- G83/G59/G98/G99/G100/EN50438 Grid Recommendations.
- TUV and Intertek both examine and certify every system.
- Export restrictions are on demand for all systems.
- A single 40-foot container can hold up to 3.5MWh.
- New EMS (Energy Management System) that is ultra-intelligent and has up to 120 smart monitoring stations for building loads and renewable energy Only one like it is being developed.
- Commercial systems, such as SCADA, MODBUS, CANBUS, PROFIBUS, BACNET, etc., can be integrated with existing building management systems.
- Commercial systems are modular and Fully integrated with IG55 inert gas fire suppression system, HVAC, emergency power, and lighting.
- Multi-layer BMS: Commercial battery packs have a multi-layer BMS for greater control and flexibility in overcharge and discharge.
- Multi-layer monitoring so each cell can be monitored and balanced. Unique to our system.
- Flexible Integration: Can be integrated with other forms of renewable generation.
- Battery warranty for 10 years, or a throughput guarantee of 10MWh per 1kWh (unlimited for 8.2Kwh units) of capacity held at 1C, whichever occurs first.
- 10 years added to the inverter warranty.
- Connection points for RS232, RS485, USB, and RJ45 in conjunction with Wi-Fi, 3G, and Ethernet
- Triad avoidance, DUoS, load shifting, peak shaving, and grid assistance are all possible uses for the system.
- Systems for grid balancing can be dynamically regulated.
- Commercial battery systems are totally modular, have no capacity restrictions, and can be deployed as a racking system, containerized system, or both.
How do they compare to the Tesla Power Wall battery storage system?
Powerwall is slightly more expensive and the technology (for version 2) is perhaps a little dated now, but it has a nice appearance, good capacity, and charge/discharge characteristics.
For roughly 65 percent of the cost of one Powerwall 2, one may purchase two of the brand-new 9.5 kWh Givenergy batteries and two inverters (to handle higher discharge).
They also have more advanced battery technology and 100% discharge capabilities.
Many people advocate getting them before a Powerwall 2 even though they are new versions.
Disadvantages of the GivEnergy battery storage system
GivEnergy comes with numerous pros but there are some areas where one can see why GivEnergy might not be an ideal choice.
Cost Issue: The cost of an energy storage system is one of its main disadvantages. you might end up paying for your photovoltaic grid somewhere in the process.
Maintenance: An extremely important thing that plays a role in the lifecycle of a battery is its maintenance. Your choice of battery will have a huge impact on how you clean and maintain it. When handling the battery, you must make sure to exercise the utmost caution.
Only pure water should be used to clean the battery. However, if you use the most recent lithium-ion batteries, you won’t need to worry about laborious cleaning processes.
How much do they cost?
Following are some GivEnergy Products and their current prices as of 2022:
- GivEnergy 2.6 kWH – £3995
- GivEnergy 5.2kWh – £4795
- GivEnergy 9.5kWh – £5995
- GivEnergy 9.5kWh + 4.7kW Panels – £10995
Will the battery work in winter?
GivEnergy batteries definitely work in winters with additional benefits.
Inverters can be configured to take advantage of numerous rates/tariffs, making grid/export trading easier (TBC).
This is especially handy when PV generation is low i.e. during the winter season, adding a financial benefit to your system.
How does it work with Agile Octopus?
The GivEnergy system allows you to optimize the battery storage to consume as much sunlight as possible, export extra-solar in the evening, or to take advantage of Agile Octopus export rates to maximize the export benefit.
GivEnergy Battery Review Conclusion
The new 9.5kWh GivEnergy Battery, which was launched on March 24th, is the largest domestic battery storage option they have thus far.
This means that Givenergy can now be used to store and preserve more energy.